The Institute for Historical Justice and Reconciliation is committed to promoting reconciliation, tolerance and understanding in historically divided communities. The IHJR is currently updating its communications strategy with a view of increasing its engagement with target audiences. To improve IHJR’s visibility, we are currently seeking a highly-motivated intern.
Vacant Position: Communications Intern.
· External communications: Social media, website and corporate communications;
· Responsible for running and updating relevant social media platforms to help increase engagement with IHJR’s mission;
· Assist in the preparation of outreach events, including the drafting of promotional materials;
· University degree in Communications or a related field (Media Studies, Journalism), currently enrolled in a Master;
· Ability to translate a complex issue into visual images for various target groups: policy-makers, academics, and donors;
· English proficiency;
· Available to work a minimum of 10 hours per week for four months.
If you are interested in applying for an internship, please send your CV and a cover letter with information on your availability to Ties Olivier Schelfhout (firstname.lastname@example.org). Positions are based in our office in Leiden, on the campus of the Faculty of Humanities of the University of Leiden.
Institute for Historical Justice and Reconciliation
Leiden 2311 BV
Telephone: +31 (0)71 527 20 31
The Institute for Historical Justice and Reconciliation (IHJR) works with educational and public policy institutions to organize and sponsor historical discourse in pursuit of acknowledgement, and the resolution of historical disputes. Founded in 2004, the Institute for Historical Justice and Reconciliation (IHJR) is an independent, nonprofit institution based in Leiden.