The Institute for Historical Justice and Reconciliation has a well-developed internship program at its office in Leiden. Since 2004, 29 interns have worked for the IHJR. Interns play an important role at the Institute and can expect to do substantive and rewarding work. At this time, the IHJR is accepting applications.
- Work closely with the senior staff on current projects;
- Assist in the preparation of meetings;
- Conduct research and draft reports;
- Assist in the preparation of outreach events, including the drafting of promotional materials;
- Assist with administrative tasks such as maintaining project files, contact databases, and the Institute’s web presence.
- University degree in History or a related field or Law or Political Science or a background in communications;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills;
- Strong English writing and research skills. Other foreign languages are an asset;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access);
- A strong, demonstrated interest in conflict resolution;
- Familiar with human rights work and civil society organizations;
- Available to work a minimum of 20 hours per week.
We require a minimum of six months commitment for at least 20 hours a week. Positions are based in our office in Leiden, on the campus of the Faculty of Humanities of the University of Leiden.
If you are interested in applying for an internship, please send your CV and a cover letter with information on your availability and two references to Ties Olivier Schelfhout (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Institute for Historical Justice and Reconciliation
Leiden 2311 BV
Telephone: +31 (0)71 527 20 31
The Institute for Historical Justice and Reconciliation (IHJR) works with educational and public policy institutions to organize and sponsor historical discourse in pursuit of acknowledgement, and the resolution of historical disputes. Founded in 2004, the Institute for Historical Justice and Reconciliation (IHJR) is an independent, nonprofit institution based in Leiden.